Read on for the “Not-So-Secret” Ingredient to Wellness!
On November 5th, Meridian partnered with Midici’s newly opened Celebration Pointe location to cook up the recipe for wellness, raising just over $1500 for mental health awareness through meal and drink sales and a special raffle, all while treating patrons to live music from The Front Porch Backsteppers.
Fact: Midici is a national pizza chain with over 50 locations
Midici, a Neopolitan pizza company with 52 locations across the US, has anything but a “franchise feel” about it. If you walked into its new Celebration Pointe location here in Gainesville on the night of the event, you’d instantly understand. It wasn’t its upscale appeal nor its authentic Italian pizza that drew in a crowd of over 100 people that night; it was passion for giving – the “not-so-secret” ingredient to wellness.
Local owner, Thomas Evins, and the Midici staff opened more than their doors in collaborating with Meridian and helping to spread awareness of the importance of mental health. Not only did they give 25% of the night’s sales to Meridian, but they also offered a “pizza-making class for 4” as the raffle prize. Through their willingness to give, Meridian was able to raise over $1500 towards its on-going mission.
If you are interested in attending the next Midici hosted pizza night with Meridian, don’t worry; Stephanie Brod, Meridian’s Director of Engagement and Partnerships, and Thomas are working out the details as you read this. Like Meridian’s Facebook page for updates, but if you have any questions ahead of time, feel free to contact Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meridian’s Co-Responder Program Proves to be Vital in Providing Community-Solutions for Citizens Experiencing Mental Illness
- Meridian Now Offering On-Demand Care 24/7 Through Meridian Care Connection
- Alachua County Officials Explore Repurposing Former High Springs Church For New Community Resource Center
- Help is available, coping with mental health during the pandemic
- Self-Harm Warning Signs and Symptoms