Meridian’s Substance Abuse PICC Program (SAPP) is a diversion program that allows for patients in hospitals who have a history of IV drug use and a current severe infection that requires antibiotics through a PICC line to come to this specialized unit for services.
Instead of the patient being admitted to an expensive hospital bed for 4-6 weeks, they can receive 24/7, monitored treatment in the SAPP clinic, as well as case management services relating to their condition for a fraction of the cost.
The SAPP program provides a structured, drug-free environment in which individuals learn about the disease of addiction, while having the opportunity to:
- Engage in supportive counseling.
- Receive home healthcare services on-site for their infusion supplies.
- Become educated with maintaining a clean working PICC line.
- Gain tools for maintaining mental and physical wellness.
- Become involved in community support groups that promote positive, drug-free behavior.