Botvin Life Skills Training (LST) is a research-validated substance abuse prevention program proven to reduce the risks of alcohol, tobacco and drug use, as well as violence; by targeting the major social and psychological factors that promote the initiation of substance use and other risky behaviors. This comprehensive and exciting program provides adolescents and young teens with the confidence and skills necessary to successfully handle challenging situations.
Developed by Dr. Gilbert J. Botvin, a leading prevention expert, Botvin LST is backed by over 20 scientific studies and is recognized as a model or exemplary program by an array of government agencies including the U.S. Department of Education and the Center for Substance Abuse Prevention.
Rather than simply teaching information about the dangers of drug use, Botvin LST promotes healthy alternatives to risky behavior through activities designed to:
- Equip students with the necessary skills to resist social (peer) pressures to smoke, drink, and use drugs
- Help students to develop greater self-esteem and self-confidence
- Enable students to effectively cope with anxiety
- Increase students’ knowledge of the immediate consequences of substance use
- Enhance cognitive and behavioral competency to reduce and prevent a variety of health risk behaviors
For more information please call our access center at: