Have new event ideas? Are you interested in learning how Meridian fundraising events come to life? Own or know of a business who would like to host a fundraising event for Meridian? If the answer is yes to any of these questions – join the Meridian Events Committee! Contact Stephanie Brod, Meridian’s Director of Engagement and Partnerships, at Stephanie_Brod@mbhci.org or call her at 352.372.5600 x8630!
8:30M – 5PM Meridian Behavioral Healthcare (4300 SW 13th St., Gainesville, FL 32608)
- Mental Health First Aid courses teach participants the risk factors and warning signs of a variety of mental health challenges common among adults including: anxiety, depression, psychosis, suicidal thoughts and behaviors, and substance use disorders. By the end of the training participants will have appropriate professional, peer, social, and self-help resources available to help someone with a mental health problem. A 3-year certification will be provided to all who successfully complete the course.
8AM – 11AM Depot Park (200 SE Depot Ave, Gainesville, FL 32601)
- Walk in honor or memory of someone whose life has been affected by mental illness or someone who has paved the way for services that support survivors. NAMI Gainesville’s annual mental health and suicide prevention awareness walk is a family friendly event. Event proceeds will provide education outreach, classes, support groups, and advocacy for individuals who have been affected by mental illness and their families. Ttickets are free for Peers, $10 for students and $20 for adults.
4PM – 7PM Bo Diddley Plaza (111 E University Ave, Gainesville, FL 32601)
- UF HealthStreet’s 3rd Annual Night of Dance, held at Bo Diddley Plaza, brings Gainesville’s diverse communities together to celebrate the art of dance while spreading the word about health resources available to families in our community. Throughout the evening, health education, health screenings, and wellness resources will be provided by HealthStreet and various community organizations. This FREE community celebration will also include food trucks, games, massages, and fun activities for families and kids.
5PM – 9PM Celebration Pointe (3528 SW 45 St, Gainesville, FL 32607)
- Come enjoy great food from over 40 of Gainesville’s best restaurants all in one location. The 3rd Annual Gift Certificates and More Gainesville Food Fest will take place on Thursday, October 18th from 5pm – 9pm at Celebration Pointe.and are looking to host our biggest and best food festival yet. Admission to the 2018 Food Festival is free and meal tickets will be sold a la carte for only $2 each. Come out for a night of great food, music and fun!
5PM – 9PM MidiCi Pizzeria (4949 Celebration Pointe Ave.Gainesville, Florida 32608)
- Spend your Monday evening at MidiCi, The Neapolitan Pizza Company. Between the hours of 5:00 – 9:00 PM, 25% from each sale will be donated to Meridian as well as $1 from each draft beer sale. While eating dinner, enjoy live music from a local band, The Front Porch Backsteppers, and enter for a chance to win a pizza making class for 4 at MidiCi!.
4PM – 7PM Whole Foods Market (3490 Sw Archer Rd, Gainesville, Florida 32608)
- More details to come…