Supported Services for Veterans & Families
Meridian partners with Veterans Administration (VA) to offer assistance to veterans and their families who are homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness through our Supportive Services for Veterans Families (SSVF) program. The SSVF program offers an array of Supportive Services to veterans and their families related to Rapid-Housing and Prevention. Temporary Financial assistance is also available for households who qualify.
- Assistance with housing searches, needs assessments, housing stability planning and securing permanent housing;
- Assistance coordinating VA benefits;
- Assistance coordinating other public benefits and community services;
- Referrals to job and education services, legal services, financial management resources, health services and community resources; and,
- Temporary financial assistance payable to third parties for eligible expenses including rent, deposits, utilities, child care and transportation.
To be eligible for SSVF services, individuals and families must meet the following criteria, including but not limited to:
- Very low income (please contact SSVF for current income guidelines)
- Imminent risk of homelessness
- Without other housing options
Application for SSVF
Self Referral: Call or email today
Outside Referral: Complete and return an SSVF Referral Form
Community Outreach: Visit our table at community and outreach events
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.Cost: No fee to clients (VA funded)