About The Meridian Navigators
Meridian offers Healthcare Navigators to help community members explore and participate in the Healthcare Marketplace, www.healthcare.gov, free of charge in Alachua, Dixie, Levy, Gilchrist, Baker, Bradford, Union, Hamilton, Suwannee, Columbia and Putnam Counties.
The Affordable Care Act will enable 23 percent of uninsured and eligible Florida residents to gain access to quality, affordable healthcare. Central to this goal is the creation of the Healthcare Insurance Marketplace. Through the Marketplace, eligible persons will be able to enroll in a health plan to get coverage.
Open Enrollment for 2017 has ended; but, you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period!
Meridian Navigators are available year round to help you with the Affordable Healthcare Marketplace and the Affordable Care Act. Free educational events are taking place throughout North Central Florida. Make an appointment to talk to a Navigator today!
Most people who apply qualify for a premium tax credit and cost-sharing reductions that lower their monthly insurance bill. Some also save on out-of-pocket costs like deductibles and co-payments. Plans are offered by private insurance companies with a range of prices and features.
Please note, in order to get a quote or enroll in a healthcare plan, please be prepared to provide the following:
- An active email account
- Employer and Income information for every member in your household
- Social Security Numbers
- Insurance information for all current health coverage
- Signature of the individual completing the application
All plans cover essential health benefits, pre-existing conditions and preventive care.
Attend an educational event to learn more and have your healthcare questions answered:
- Open the Navigator Enrollment Events calendar to find the most convenient enrollment event for you to attend.
- Affordable Care Act FAQs
- What if I am Self-Employed?
- Email for questions, concerns, and complaints
If you have questions about your 1095-A tax forms, contact your local Navigator.
- Click here to see if you may qualify for a special enrollment.
- Click here for a list of information to bring to a Navigator appointment.